Debi Gliori started writing children's books in 1976, then attended art school in Edinburgh between 1979 and 1984. After winning a travelling scholoarship to visit Milan, she became a full-time freelance writer and illustrator. She is the author and illustrator of over 50 books, including the (Mr. Bear series, which won a Children's Book Award. She also illustrates for other picture book writers. Gliori has also written the Pure Dead Magic series of novels for young adults.
Although born and raised in the West-end of Glasgow, Debi now lives near Edinburgh with her five children. Her studio is situated in a 13th-century herb garden.
The forces of evil are converging on Strega Schloss and the Strega-Borgias must gather together their allies to fight back, but there are just too many distractions. With Damp, the toddler-witch, missing and a house full of bickering teenagers getting in the way, can the family keep it together?
- Add to BasketDeep Trouble - Hardback
When the Strega-Borgia family return from holiday to find that their faithful family retainer, Latch, has collapsed from unknown causes, it is only the start of their problems.
- Add to BasketDeep Water - Paperback
The Strega-Borgia children are still reeling from the shock of their nanny's disappearance at the end of 'Deep Trouble'. Without Flora to look after them the kids are growing up fast. Indeed, Titus is in the throes of a deeply embarassing and magically accelerated puberty, while all around the usual chaos reigns.
- Add to BasketNo Matter What - Paperback
A little fox is in a big, bad mood and is worried that its mother won't love it forever. In this lyrical picture book we see a clever and resourceful mother prove to her child that a parent's love is limitless - no matter what!
- Add to BasketPure Dead Brilliant - Paperback
When Signora Strega-Borgia invites some would-be witches to stay, weird things begin to happen. Pandora can't resist the temptation of time travel and Titus picks up a strange and deadly computer virus in the third novel about the madcap, magical family.
- Add to BasketPure Dead Magic - Paperback
Wonder-nanny Mrs McLachlan arrives to sort out the Strega-Borgia children, and their parents too, but will she cope with the presence of mythical beasts in the basement, to say nothing of the unexpected arrival of four hit-men?
- Add to BasketThe Scariest Thing Of All - Hardback
A little rabbit has a seemingly endless list of things to be afraid of. Even his family aren't sure how to help him overcome his anxieties! One day everything gets just about as bad as it can and the rabbit has to face his fears. In so doing, of course, he realises that nothing is as big, bad or as terrifying as it first appears.
- Add to BasketThe Trouble With Dragons - Paperback
The world is populated by some beastly dragons who care nothing for how much they mess up the oceans, chop down the trees, gobble up all the food and use everything up without stopping to think. In this picture book, those dragons need to wake up to what they are doing to their world before it is too late.
- Add to BasketWitch Baby And Me After Dark - Paperback
Lily is 9. Her sister Daisy is one. And she's no ordinary baby. Somehow, when she was born, something went rather wrong - and now Daisy is a witch baby. Nobody knows this but Lily - she's the only one who can see when Daisy makes the fridge float in the air, or turns people into slugs, or summons up her very stinky dog Waywoof.
- Add to BasketWitch Baby And Me On Stage - Paperback
Mum is trying to potty train Witch Baby Daisy, unaware that as soon as she succeeds, Daisy will be reclaimed by the witches who live on the hill, who've only been waiting for their little protegee to be out of nappies before they take her 'home'.
- A Lion at Bedtime
- Mr Bear Babysits
- Mr Bear Says Goodnight
- Mr Bear's Picnic - 1996
- Mr Bear Says a Spoonful
- Mr Bear says, "Are you there, Baby Bear?"
- My Oxford ABC and 123 Picture Rhyme Book - 1991
- Mr Bear to the Rescue - 1996
- Mr Bear's New Baby
- Mr Bear's Picnic - 1996
- Snow Lambs - 1998
- Mr Bear Says Can I Have a Hug? - 1998
- Mr Bear Says Lets Go Outside
- Mr Bear Says a Little Hush, Please
- Twelve Dancing Princesses
- Tell Me Something Happy
- Mr Bear Says Tickly Under There
- Raj in Charge
- Give Him My Heart - 1999
- Mr Bear's Holiday - 2001
- Polar Bolero
- The Very Small
- Where, Oh Where, Is Baby Bear?
- Pure Dead Magic - 2001
- Pure Dead Wicked - 2001
- Flora's Blanket - 2002
- No Matter What - 2003
- Penguin Post - 2003
- Flora's Surprise - 2003
- Pure Dead Brilliant - 2003
- Deep Trouble - 2004
- When I'm Big - 2004
- My Little Brother - 2004
- Little Fox's Picnic - 2005
- Hush, Little Chick - 2005
- Deep Water - 2005
- Where Did That Baby Come From? - 2005
- Deep Fear - 2006
- Goodnight Baby Bat - 2007
- The Trouble With Dragons - 2009
- Witch Baby and Me After Dark - 2009
- Witch Baby and Me on Stage - 2010
- The Scariest Thing of All - 2011