(born January 1959 - ) - Paisley
Graham Fulton is a poet, originally from Hampton in England but who has lived in Paisley since he was a child. After school in Paisley he studied for a Diploma in Art and Design at Glasgow's Cardonald College. He first started writing and performing poetry in 1987 after joining Tom Leonard's Paisley Writers' Group, and his first major collection of poetry, Humouring the Iron Bar Man, was published by Polygon in 1990.
Fulton was a founding member of the Itinerant Poets performance and publishing group, and was joint winner of the Scotia Bar First of May Poetry Prize in 1992. Fulton 'withdrew' from poetry in 1997. Four years later he returned to the genre with the collection Ritual Soup and other liquids. His most recent collection is Open Plan, published in 2011.
Graham Fulton married Helen Nathaniel in 2006, and continues to live and write in Paisley.
- Add to BasketFull Scottish Breakfast
- Paperback - Red Squirrel
'Full Scottish Breakfast' is a headlong journey from space age innocence through to cynicism and eventually into bemused middle age, taking in frantic and funny encounters with mad teachers, wrecked cars, heroes, villains, painters and teachers.
- Add to BasketOpen Plan
- Paperback - Smokestack
This is a demented elegy to all the minutes, days and years that slip through a hole beneath our tidy, open plan desks. Graham Fulton writes with wit and compassion of the world of e-mails, post-its, tea-breaks and sickies, of the little rituals, the red tape and the humdrum flexi hours punctuated by moments of mayhem.
Includes poetry pamphlets
- Tower of Babble - with Jim Ferguson, Bobby Christie & Ronald McNeil - 1987
- The Eighth Dwarf - 1989
- Humouring the Iron Bar Man - 1990
- This - 1993
- Knights of the Lower Floors - 1994
- Blissed-out For 5 - with Des Dillon, Shug Hanlan, Ally May & David Crystal - 1997
- Ritual Soup and other liquids - 2002
- Inner Circle - 2008
- Pocket Fugues - 2009
- Suspect Novelties - 2009
- twenty three umbrellas - 2009
- twenty three buildings - 2010
- Black Motel/The Man Who Forgot How To - 2010
- Unsaved Messages - 2010
- Open Plan - 2011
- The Ruin of Poltalloch - 2011
- The Zombie Poem - 2011
- Full Scottish Breakfast - 2011