Robert Burns Books
- Add to BasketAs Burns Said: A Collection Of Quotations From The Writings Of Scotland's Greatest Poet, Robert Burns - - Paperback
This popular collection of over four hundred quotations from the pen of Robert Burns has been selected and classified under 53 subject headings.Because of the wide variety of subjects covered in his work, Burns covers the spectrum of human experience.
- Add to BasketThe Best Laid Schemes: Selected Poetry And Prose Of Robert Burns - - Paperback
'The Best Laid Schemes' contains both Burns' best-loved works and rediscovered verse, previously unavailable, as well as letters to and from the poet
- Add to BasketBurns For Bairns - - Paperback
This is a selection of poems, or extracts from poems, by Robert Burns, suitable for reading or recitation by children of all ages.
- Add to BasketThe Canongate Burns - - Paperback
This book is a complete volume of the poetry and songs of Scotland's national bard and, drawing on extensive scholarship and Burns' own letters, offers supplemental information about his life, early hardships, political beliefs and literary contexts.
- Add to BasketThe Classic Poems - - Hardback
Born in 1759 in the village of Alloway, Ayrshire, the oldest son of a poor tenant farmer, Robert Burns is known as 'The Ploughman Poet', 'The Bard of Ayrshire' or, as Scotland's national poet, simply 'The Bard'. This books contains a selection of his much-loved work.
- Add to BasketThe Complete Poems And Songs Of Robert Burns - - Hardback
This title includes all of Burns' poems and songs, with a helpful glossary explaining difficult words, a chronology of Burns's life and a bibliography.
- Add to BasketThe Complete Poetical Works Of Robert Burns, 1759-1796 - - Paperback
Robert Burns is now regarded as one of the ten greatest world poets of all time. The image of the heaven-taught plowman-poet is a false one, even if he played up to it himself. His correspondence reveals a man of high intelligence and candour.
- Add to BasketThe Complete Poetical Works Of Robert Burns, 1759-1796 - - Hardback
This new edition of the poetical works of Robert Burns incorporates the results of research into the life of Burns & his associates for the first time, examining parish registers of births & marriages, kirk session records & private diaries
- Add to BasketBurnscripts: Dramatic Interpretations Of The Life And Art Of Robert Burns - - Paperback
This title is John Cairney's life with Robert Burns in theatrical terms. Since 1959, he has been involved with Burns as an actor, director and writer. Over the years, Cairney has taken the opportunity to investigate different aspects of Burns as they relate to performance in the theatre.
- Add to BasketThe English Poetry Of Robert Burns, (1759-1796) - - Paperback
This unique, highly collectable little book contains some of the 100 or so poems that Robert Burns wrote in pure English.
- The Lassies - - Paperback
Robert Burns was fond of women, and his well-documented affairs have earned him a reputation as a rake and womaniser. During his short life Burns wrote a great deal of poetry to or about women, all of which is collected here, along with his letters and sonnets.
- Add to BasketThe Luath Burns Companion - - Paperback
John Cairney has studied and performed Burns and his works for nearly 40 years. In this book, he presents a personal selection of 60 of his favourite poems, songs and other works, and also writes about Burns's life and influences, triumphs and tragedies.
- Add to BasketLuath Kilmarnock Edition: Poems, Chiefly In The Scottish Dialect - - Hardback
This edition of Robert Burns' first published poetry collection celebrates the 250th anniversary of Burns' birth.
- Add to BasketThe Merry Muses Of Caledonia - - Hardback
'The Merry Muses of Caledonia' is among Burns's best known, but least read, work. This collection of bawdy poems, some written by and some collected by Burns, ranges from celebrations of spirited women in 'Ellibanks', to misogyny in 'There was twa wives' and male fantasy in 'Nine inch will please a lady'.
- A Night Out With Robert Burns: The Greatest Poems - - Paperback
The Scottish poet Robert Burns has been idolised and eulogised. He has been sainted, painted, tarted up and toasted. In this text, Scottish essayist Andrew O'Hagan presents a collection of the poet's work
- Add to BasketPoems Of Robert Burns - - Hardback
This selection of verses and lyrics from Scotland's national poet reveals a writer capable of evoking tremendous sympathetic power from his readers and with an easy, astonishing command of the sounds and rhythms of both standard English and the evocative Scots tongue.
- Add to BasketRabbie's Rhymes: Robert Burns For Wee Folk - - NH
A simple, funny, colourful introduction to Burns, 'Rabbie's Rhymes' will entertain the bairns and encourage parents and teachers not only to recite the lines from the poems but perhaps also to sing the tunes to songs like 'Ca the Yowes' and 'Ye Banks and Braes'.
- Add to BasketRobert Burns - - Hardback
Robert Burns (1759-96), was the eldest son of a tenant farmer in Ayrshire. He endured hardship and frustration before emerging as poet and song writer in his native dialect as well as English. This is a collection of the best of Burns's poems.
- Robert Burns - - Book with sound disc
The 250th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns (1759-1796), one of the most popular poets, is celebrated in 2009. A pioneer of the Romantic movement, works such as 'A Red, Red Rose', 'A Man's A Man For A' That' & the ubiquitous 'Auld Lang Syne' have made him an international figure. This sound disc contains a selection of his work.
- Add to BasketRobert Burns In Your Pocket - - Hardback
This title contains a clear and accessible biography of Burns, 52 of Burns' poems and songs, a comprehensive glossary of Scots words, an index of first lines, and a brief introduction to each poem.
- Add to BasketRobert Burns: Poems - - Paperback
In this series, a contemporary poet selects & introduces a poet of the past. By their choice of poems & by the personal & critical reactions they express in their prefaces the editors offer insights into their own work as well as providing an accessible & passionate introduction to some of the greatest poets in literature.
- Selected Poems - - Paperback
This selection of the poems and songs of Robert Burns presents the works arranged in probable order of composition, and uses where possible their first published form. Equal weight is given to Burns the songwriter as well as Burns the poet.
- Add to BasketSelected Poems By Robert Burns In Chinese Translation - - Hardback
This volume contains eleven well-known Burns poems in English and Chinese, including 'I love my Jean', 'My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose' and 'John Anderson, My Jo'.
A listing of all our collections and anthologies of poetry written by Scotland's national bard, Robert Burns.