Top 10 Bestsellers 2009
- Up Oor Close
- Haud Yer Wheesht!
- The Complete Book of Mince
- Voices from the Ain Countrie
- Homecraft Book
- The Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2009
- Higher and Intermediate 2 Business Management
- Dundee Women's Trail
- The Real Gorbals Story
- Geordie's Mingin Medicine
- Add to BasketThe Complete Book Of Mince
- Hardback - Waverley
In the days before low-fat this and zero-calorie that, mince was one of the most accessible and popular staples that millions never grew tired of. In 'The Complete Book of Mince', Paisley's top chef René La Sagne shares his love of this versatile culinary delicacy.
- Paperback - Dundee Women's Trail
The Dundee Women's Trail is a series of bronze plaques placed on buildings throughout the city which hold some significance to the women they commemorate. This book presents brief biographies of the women, bringing to life the times in which they lived and the circumstances which shaped them.
- Add to BasketGeordie's Mingin Medicine
- Paperback - Itchy Coo
Geordie's grannie is a crabbit auld grumph. As far as she's concerned, Geordie can do nothing right. But, when the time comes for him tae bring her medicine, Geordie decides tae give her a mingin brew of his own recipe.
- Add to BasketHigher And Intermediate 2 Business Management
- Paperback - Hodder Gibson
The three units of Business Enterprise, Business Decision areas and Business Finance & Human Resource Management are all preceded by an introductory section listing key areas covered, which correspond to the performance criteria set out by SQA. A variety of activities is offered in each chapter.
- Paperback - Lindsay
This book will be remembered fondly by generations for whom it was an invaluable companion. Its contents are as relevant today as when it was first published.
- Paperback - Publishing Scotland
This work provides comprehensive information on all areas of the Scottish book trade, split into five main sections - publishing, organisations, services, writing, and bookselling.
- Add to BasketThe Real Gorbals Story: True Tales From Glasgow's Meanest Streets
- Paperback - Mainstream
Colin MacFarlane witnessed the last days of the old Gorbals as a major regeneration programme began in 1961, and, as a street boy, he had an insight into a community in rapid decline. In this book, he reveals what it was like to live in the old Gorbals.
- Add to BasketUp Oor Close: Memories Of Domestic Life In Glasgow Tenements, 1910-1945
- Paperback - White Cockade
The accounts gathered here of life in Glasgow tenements bring to light the routines and rituals of previously disregarded lives - from housework and shopping, to childbirth and death - and show how large families could live happily in two rooms
- Add to BasketVoices From Their Ain Countrie: The Poems Of Marion Angus And Violet Jacob
- Paperback - Association for Scottish Literary Studies
Serious and whimsical, radical and emotional, the poetry of Angus and Jacob continues to enthrall. More than 200 poems are included in this anthology which traces their similarities and differences to provide a critical background for a full appreciation of their work.