BIC code: 1DBKS
- Add to BasketI Fought At Bannockburn
- Hardback - Waverley
The Corbies series brings the heroes and rogues, triumphs and tragedies of Scottish history vibrantly into life.
- Add to BasketInter-Agency Collaboration: Providing For Children
- Paperback - Dunedin Academic
This volume draws together some Scottish case studies of collaborative activity, across education and health and social work, which focus on children, and consider issues emerging at the interface between policy and practice from the different professional perspectives.
- Add to BasketIt's Criminal: The True Confessions Of A Jet Set Master Criminal
- Hardback - John Blake
Once dubbed 'the most dangerous man in Scotland', notorious for his dangerous bank raids, James Crosbie knew no bounds and no fear when it came to getting what he wanted. Although he has tried to 'go straight' many times, the temptation of scoring that one great haul has been too great to keep him from a life of crime. This is his story.
- Add to BasketThe Islands: Skye, The Hebrides And Arran
- Paperback - Pocket Mountains
One of a series of six guides, each presenting forty circular routes in the Scottish hills, this volume covers the Scottish islands. The guides contain information on local history, folklore, geology and wildlife and feature colour photography and helpful contour maps.
- Add to BasketThe Island Whisky Trail: An Illustrated Guide To The Hebridean Distilleries
- Paperback - Angels' Share
This guide for the whisky enthusiast covers the distilleries of the Hebrides and the west coast of Scotland. It includes photographs along with travel and local information on established distilleries, such as Bunnahabhain and Bowmore, and newer ones, such as Kilchoman on Islay.
- Add to BasketIn Search Of Willie Patterson: A Scottish Soldier In The Age Of Imperialism
- Paperback - Cualann
This title tells the story of Fred Reid's quest to understand the grandfather he never knew, a soldier who fought in the East African campaign during World War I. In telling it, he is frank about the great pains a blind man must take to overcome many barriers to research.
- Add to BasketImmigrants & Exiles: Scotland 1830s-1930s
- Paperback - Hodder Gibson
The 'Intermediate History' series is aimed at Intermediate 1 and 2 students. The emphasis in each book is on the source-based approach required, with a range of activities. This title looks at immigrants and exiles in Scotland from 1830 to 1940.
- Add to BasketIona
- Hardback - Colin Baxter
This text follows the steps of the monks and bishops, Viking raiders and clan chiefs, crofters and fishermen, craftsmen and ministers who have shaped Iona's history.
- Add to BasketImagine: A Socialist Vision For The 21st Century
- Paperback - Rebel Inc.
The authors have justifiably concluded that the free market is not a panacea for the world's most basic problems of hunger, poverty, homelessness and war. In Imagine they show how to challenge global capitalism and offer hope for the future.
- Add to BasketIn The Wake Of The Vital Spark: Para Handy's Scotland
- Hardback - Johnston & Bacon
Para Handy, skipper of the Clyde puffer Vital Spark, was the funniest creation of his author, Neil Munro. This book takes you on a nostalgic trip down the Clyde at the turn of the century, in the heyday of the Firth.