BIC code: 3JJ
There were 5 items found.
- Add to BasketChasing The Sixpence: The Lives Of Bradford Mill Folk
- Paperback - Fort
Covering the period from 1920 to the 1970s, this work includes true-life stories of men and women who made their living in the Bradford mills.
- Add to BasketA Change Is Gonna Come: Music, Race & The Soul Of America
- Paperback - Canongate
'A Change is Gonna Come' tells the story of more than 40 years of black music. From Ray Charles to Ice Cube, it draws lively character sketches of all the major musicians, filling in the background historical events.
- Add to BasketCeri Richards
- Hardback - Cameron & Hollis
This title investigates the life and work of one of the most important British artists of the 20th century. Mel Gooding weaves together a rigorous analysis of Ceri Richards's art and an intimate account of his life.
- Add to BasketA Century Of The Scottish People 1830-1950
- Paperback - Fontana
Professor Smout continues to ask one simple question throughout this book: Why? This is an illuminating analysis of the history of the Scottish people, illustrating the great social gap between poverty and riches.
- Add to BasketCharles Rennie Mackintosh
- Thames and Hudson
Charles Rennie Mackintosh's finest work dates from about a dozen creative years around 1900, particularly his buildings in Glasgow and his interiors and watercolours. This fully illustrated book profiles Mackintosh and his achievements.