BIC code: CFB
See also: Language Teaching & Learning
- Add to BasketLanguage And Culture: Rannsachadh Na Gàidhlig 4
- Paperback - Dunedin Academic
A volume of proceedings from the fourth Rannsachadh na Gàidhlig conference held at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig on Skye in July 2006. The volume includes papers on Scottish Gaelic history, language, literature and culture from early Christian times.
- Add to BasketGaelic Communities Today
- Paperback - Dunedin
This collection of essays is drawn from lectures and discussions held at Rannsachadh na Gàidhlig 4 at Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, Skye, in 2006. Gaelic is discussed in relation to the media, orthography and grammar, definitions of the Gaelic community, a new research agenda for Gaelic, Gaelic and the economy, and more.
- Add to BasketTalk That Counts: Age, Gender, And Social Class Differences In Discourse
- Paperback - Oxford University Press
Here the author provides a new way of examining sociolinguistic variation. Using a sample from 33 speakers of English in Glasgow, he offers a new methodological paradigm to an audience of sociolinguists and others concerned with discourse analysis.
- Add to BasketExtremely Common Eloquence: Constructing Scottish Identity Through Narrative
- Paperback - Rodopi
Ronald Macaulay presents an analysis of the narrative and rhetorical skills employed by working-class Scots in talking about important aspects of their lives.
- Add to BasketPrison Discourse: Language As A Means Of Control And Resistance
- Hardback - Palgrave Macmillan
With unique and powerful data from within a big city prison, this text clarifies the role that conversational analysis can have with a critical discourse analysis perspective.
- Add to BasketThe Edinburgh Companion To Scots
- Paperback - Edinburgh University Press
As an accessible introduction to the key issues and methods of investigation of older and present-day Scots language, this volume will be of invaluable assistance to all students of the history of the language, its grammar, phonology, vocabulary and literature.