BIC code: CVN
See also: Biography & Autobiography
- Add to BasketElizabeth And Mary: Cousins, Rivals, Queens
- Paperback - HarperPerennial
This is a joint biography of Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots, their reigns and relationship with each other. These rival queens embodied opposing characteristics, resulting in a relationship that is punctuated by murder and psychological and actual warfare.
- Add to BasketFrom The Bloody Heart: The Stewarts And The Douglases
- Hardback - Sutton
This is the story of the saga between the Stewart and the Douglas families in early medieval Scotland, who grew in power and influence but remained locked in a bitter feud.
- Add to BasketRobert The Bruce: A Life Chronicled
- Paperback - Tempus
Comprising a collection of contemporary and near-contemporary documents from both Scotland and England, with commentaries by the author, this book details the life of Scotland's greatest king. It includes Barbour's 'The Bruce', an epic poem, which is the closest surviving source of documentary evidence.
- Paperback - AK
This is the real story of Ukranian anarchist, Nestor Mahkno. Alexandre Skirda chronicles the life of a legend and the insurgent army that fought in his name. From imprisonment, to battles with Bolsheviks and the White Army, to the final exile in Paris.
- Add to BasketCrowdie And Cream And Other Stories
- Paperback - Warner
Finlay J. Macdonald enjoyed a long and successful career as a BBC talks producer and later as a television director. This omnibus edition presents Macdonald's memoirs of his childhood in the Hebrides.
- Add to BasketIn Search Of Willie Patterson: A Scottish Soldier In The Age Of Imperialism
- Paperback - Cualann
This title tells the story of Fred Reid's quest to understand the grandfather he never knew, a soldier who fought in the East African campaign during World War I. In telling it, he is frank about the great pains a blind man must take to overcome many barriers to research.
- Add to BasketMary Queen Of Scots And The Casket Letters
- Hardback - I. B. Tauris
This study re-examines the story of the Casket Letters, allegedly written by Mary to her lover Bothwell. The author sets out to provide an accessible presentation of the letters, as well as look at the controversy, the latest historiography and the literature it has generated.
- Add to BasketA Wee Guide To Flora MacDonald
- Paperback - Goblinshead
This work tells of the life and times of Flora MacDonald, including her adventures with Bonnie Prince Charlie, immigration to North Carolina, and her eventual return to Skye.
- Add to BasketDavid Livingstone: Mission And Empire
- Hardback - Hambledon and London
David Livingstone was one of the supreme representatives of the British Empire whose reputation has swung between extremes of adulation and dismissal. This book is an account of Livingstone's life and his achievements.
- Add to BasketAn Uncounselled King: Charles I And The Scottish Troubles, 1637-1641
- Paperback - Cambridge University Press
This is an account of Charles I's handling of the early Covenanting troubles in Scotland during the period 1637-41. The study aims to shed light on the processes whereby Charles, with counsel and yet often in spite of it, tried to uphold his case.