British & Irish History: C 1500 To C 1700
BIC code: HBCL
See also: History & Archaeology
- Add to BasketWitchcraft And Belief In Early Modern Scotland
- Hardback - Palgrave Macmillan
This collection concentrates on witchcraft beliefs rather than witch-hunting. It ranges widely across areas of popular belief, culture and ritual practice, as well as dealing with intellectual life and incorporating regional and comparative elements.
- Add to BasketWho Are The Scots?
- Paperback - Edinburgh University Press
Gordon Menzies' bestselling books on the peopling of Scotland and the first Scottish nation are now published as a single volume, presenting a narrative history of Scotland from earliest inhabitants to the 1707 union with England.
- Add to BasketWitchcraft In Early Modern Scotland: King James VI's Demonology And The North Berwick Witches
- Paperback - University of Exeter Press
From 1590 to 1596, Scotland saw its first major witch-hunt. This book examines the political, demonological and cultural forces which shaped the North Berwick witchcraft case, and provides edited texts of the accounts of the trials of these witches.
- Add to BasketA Wee Guide To Mary, Queen Of Scots
- Paperback - Goblinshead
Mary Queen of Scots was one of Scotland's most enigmatic monarchs. This text traces the story of her life, from her marriage to the Dauphin of France, her return to Scotland as queen, and her imprisonment and execution in England.