BIC code: HBXD
See also: History & Archaeology
- Add to BasketFootsteps In The Furrow
- Paperback - Old Pond
'Footsteps in the Furrow' presents a commentary on Scottish farming life.
- Paperback - Birlinn
After studying music Margaret Fay Shaw returned to live on South Uist. The collection of Gaelic lore and song she compiled is unique, and her photography evocative of a vanished world. Her memoirs feature a remarkable life and a plea for Gaelic culture.
- Add to BasketA Floating Commonwealth: Politics, Culture, And Technology On Britain's Atlantic Coast, 1860-1930
- Hardback - Oxford University Press
This portrait of society and identity in high industrial Britain focuses on the sea as connector, not barrier, and argues that the port cities and their hinterlands formed a 'floating commonwealth' whose interaction with one another and with nationalist and imperial politics created an intense political and cultural synergy.
- Add to BasketFife: The Mining Kingdom
- Paperback - Stenlake
This history of mining in the Kingdom of Fife contains photographs of the mining areas of the county, such as Longannet and Lochore. There are also pictures featuring other aspects of mining life - housing, bands, rescue teams, quoiting and football.
- Add to BasketFeuds, Forays And Rebellions: History Of The Highland Clans, 1475-1625
- Paperback - Edinburgh University Press
This history of the Highland clans describes the fragmentation of Clan Donald and its vassal kinsmen as they resisted the impact of central authority. It charts the fortunes of the major clans, their conflicts and the persecution of Clan Gregor.