BIC code: HBXH1
See also: Genealogy
- Castles Of The Clans: The Strongholds And Seats Of 750 Scottish Families And Clans
- Paperback - Goblinshead
This work investigates the strongholds and seats of Scotland families and clans. Organized by clan name, there follows information on the history and origins of the family, and any castles, towers, and historic houses which they owned.
- Paperback - Lang Syne Publishing
- Paperback - Lang Syne
- Scots Kith & Kin: Best Selling Guide To The Clans And Surnames Of Scotland
- Paperback - HarperCollins Publishers
Listing Scottish family names and their clan affiliations, this guide gives information on where and when particular surnames originated, the clan to which they belong and its history, other related surnames and the correct tartan to wear.
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia Of Tartan: A Complete History And Visual Guide To Over 400 Famous Tartans
- Paperback - Southwater
A comprehensive, encyclopedic guide to more than 400 tartan designs that are interwoven with Scottish history, this work includes a wealth of information covering the origins of the word 'tartan' itself, how the fabric and patterns developed and how tartan became a symbol of resistance.
- Diagonal Ties: A Family History In Wales And The North East Of England
- Paperback - Sixth Element Publishing
This is an account of one family's connections throughout the generations with both the North East of England and the South of Wales. Susan Lewis relates the tale of her search for ancestors with humor, an eye for detail and an intriguing insight into life during the times in which they lived.
- Kilts & Tartan Made Easy
- Paperback - Luath
An informative yet light book covering all aspects of wearing and purchasing a kilt for the first time, from how to find your family tartan and its origins to guidelines on how best to wear it on formal occasions such as weddings.
- Clan Gregor
- Paperback - Steve Savage
The Macgregors are popularly seen as a clan of outlaws whose most notorious figurehead was Rob Roy, but history is more complex. Forbes Macgregor tells the story of the clan's struggle to maintain their position in the face of the ambitions of the Campbells, and outlines their many contributions to Scottish history and culture.
- Tracing Your Scottish Ancestors: A Guide To Ancestry Research In The National Records Of Scotland And ScotlandsPeople
- Paperback - Birlinn
This guide provides an authoritative survey of the vast range of material held in the National Archives of Scotland - records of Scottish national and local government, Scottish churches, law courts and private families and businesses.
- Glencoe And The Indians: A Real-Life Family Saga Which Spans Two Continents, Several Centuries And More Than Thirty Generations To Link Scotland's Clans With The Native Peoples Of The American West
- Paperback - Mainstream
This is a real-life family saga which spans two continents, several centuries and more than 30 generations to link Scotland's clans with the native peoples of the American West.