BIC code: HPC
See also: Philosophy & Culture
- The Idea Of Commercial Society In The Scottish Enlightenment
- Hardback - Edinburgh University Press
Christopher Berry highlights a central novelty of the Scottish Enlightenment, its unprecedented discussion of the inter-dependency of relations in a commercial society.
- Scottish Philosophy In America
- Paperback - Imprint Academic
The Scottish Enlightenment provided the fledgling United States of America and its emerging universities with a philosophical orientation. This volume demonstrates the remarkable extent of this influence.
- Philosophy And Love: From Plato To Popular Culture
- Paperback - Edinburgh University Press
'Philosophy and Love' introduces the history of philosophical reflections on love and courtly, rationalist, romantic, modern, postmodern and feminist conceptions. It explores what is meant by Plantonic love, discusses the influence of homoerotics, and raises the question of the 'other' in the love relation.