English Literature: Poetry Texts & Anthologies
BIC code: YCET2
See also: Language & Literature
- Add to BasketWhite Rabbit With Yellow Flower And Other Animals
- Paperback - Whareama
From a love of words, flowers, birds and animals, the author has created a volume of short poems that will inspire thoughts about irrational attitudes to our fellow creatures.
- Add to BasketRed, Cherry Red
- Book with sound disc - Bloomsbury
Jackie Kay explores the theme of identity in poems about an older generation, especially grandmothers, about the old days and the new days, and places the poet associates with these people, who live dreamlike, isolated existences, geographically, but also in the memory.
- Add to BasketSeptimus Pitt And The Grumbleoids
- Hardback - Luath
Enter the mysterious world of Septimus Pitt and the Grumbleoids, where colourful characters spring to life in playfully peculiar poems.
- Add to BasketPoems United: A Commonwealth Anthology
- Paperback - Black & White
This anthology for young people aged ten to 14 reflects the many different peoples, landscapes, climates, songs and languages of the Commonwealth, in poems from unknown authors, children, anonymous writers, and famous authors.
- Add to BasketBurns For Bairns
- Paperback - Alloway
This is a selection of poems, or extracts from poems, by Robert Burns, suitable for reading or recitation by children of all ages.
- Add to BasketA Child's Garden Of Verses
- Paperback - Wordsworth
The 64 poems in this collection evoke childhood. The verses are full of irony, wit and the fantasy of childhood imagination, and introduce for the first time the Land of Nod.
- Add to BasketWriggle And Roar!: Rhymes To Join In With
- Paperback - Macmillan Children's
Written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Nick Sharratt, this is a wonderful rhyme book full of action and noise - guaranteed to make kids love poetry!
- Book with sound disc - HarperCollins Audio Books
First published in 1939, T. S. Eliot's collection of cat poems, written originally to amuse his godchildren and friends, has become one of the all-time favourites of children's literature.
- Add to BasketImagining Things And Other Poems
- Paperback - Lion Children's
This collection of lyrical and witty poems shows some of the surprise and excitement to be found in the natural world - both rural and urban. Even the familiar world of animals, seasons and seascapes is full of magic and mystery.
- Add to BasketAll Things Weird And Wonderful
- Paperback - Lion
In this collection of poems, Stewart Henderson looks at creation in its broadest sense - from the depths of the sea, to the breadth of the earth, and the realms of space and sea. The poems feature many aspects of the plant and animal world both real and imaginary.