There were 5 items found.
- Add to BasketMinaret
- Hardback - Edinburgh University Press
This series offers readers easy access to the most up-to-date research across the whole range of Islamic art. It is a forum for studies that, while closely focused, also open wide horizons.
- Add to BasketThe Mediaeval Castles Of Skye And Lochalsh
- Paperback - Birlinn
The castles of Hebridean myth and story are brought to life in this scholarly, yet easy-to-read text. It explores the history and architecture of the settings associated with blood-curdling dramas such as the murderous goings-on at Dun Sgaith or the far-fetched yarns of Saucy Mary and Cú Chulainn.
- Add to BasketMackintosh's Masterwork: The Glasgow School Of Art
- Hardback - A. & C. Black
This is a celebration of Mackintosh's glorious building which still draws visitors from all over the world and of the school which has played such an important role in the British art scene. It also given insight into a fascinating period in Mackintosh's life.
- Add to BasketThe Making Of Classical Edinburgh, 1750-1840
- Paperback - Edinburgh University Press
In this exposition of the making of the much quoted, photographed, studied and loved townscapes of Georgian Edinburgh, A.J. Youngson recreates and brings to life one of the most comprehensive, detailed and remarkable urban expansion programmes ever undertaken.
- Paperback - Pavilion
In this compelling study, Elizabeth Wilhide reviews in context the work of one of the most influential figures in modern design. She considers Mackintosh's sensitive handling of colour, use of materials and graphic approach to form.
Ordering and View
Related BIC Categories
- Architectural Structure & Design
- City & Town Planning - Architectural Aspects
- Concert Halls, Arenas, Stadia
- Houses, Apartments, Flats, Etc
- Individual Architects
- Interior Design
- Landscape Art & Architecture
- Memorials, Monuments
- Palaces, Chateaux, Country Houses
- Public Buildings: Civic, Commercial, Industrial, Etc
- Religious Buildings
- Residential Buildings, Domestic Buildings
- Theory Of Architecture