Scottish Gaelic Language Books
- Sia Dealbhan-Cluiche - - Paperback
A collection of six new plays by a popular and well-established Gaelic author. A wide variety of situations and characters are brought to life by Campbell's perceptive and enjoyable writing.
- Steall à Iomadh Lòn - - Paperback
A fascinating and compelling memoir by a man who has spent a significant part of his life involved in Gaelic development, both in his native Scotland and in Canada, where he now lives. He has been a broadcaster, essayist, educationalist and poet, not to mention head of PR at a Canadian nuclear power plant.
- Suthainn Sìor - - Paperback
The final book in MacLeod's trilogy, which started with Dìleas Donn and continued with Taingeil Toilichte. We see how the family's lives are progressing as they continue to deal with love, faith, sadness, hope and uncertainty.
- An Druim Bho Thuath - - Paperback
Campbell's third novel, written in his unique and entertaining style. Set in Lewis, it relates a fast-paced and thrilling chain of events where nothing is quite as it seems.
- Add to BasketSan Dùthaich Ùir - - Paperback
Anna looks up to both her mother and her Aunt Marguerite who live such different lives. Her mother's is one of work and duty whereas Marguerite's ways are quite different. Anna eventually makes her way to university and the beginnings of yet another kind of life.
- Air A Thòir - - Paperback
If you wanted to stalk a complete stranger in secret, how would you do it? Award-winning writer Martin MacIntyre is at his insightful, thought-provoking best as he draws us into a world both familiar and menacing, where his main characters play out their lives amid a vibrant supporting casr in a succession of vivid situations.
- Add to BasketFo Sgail A' Swastika - - Pbk. + CD
This is the story of one man's experiences of World War Two after being forced to surrender to the Germans.
- Add to BasketSùlaisgeir: The Photographs Of James MacGeoch - - Pbk. + CD
In the 1950s James MacGeoch stayed several times on the gannet colony of Sùlaisgeir with the men of Ness in Lewis. His black and white photographs are an historic portfolio of these times.
- Add to BasketTarmod: Cruinneachadh Dhèn Bhàrdachd Aig - - Paperback
Norman MacLeod provides the reader with a varied choice of local compositions ranging in theme from descriptions of local events to the beauties of nature.
- Obair Gun Duais? / A Thankless Task?: Alexander Carmichael As A Collector Of Gaelic Bird Names - - Paperback
A history of Gaelic bird names written in Gaelic and English.
More on BooksfromScotland.com
- David Finkelstein's History of Gaelic Language publishing in Scotland
- Gaelic Children's Books
- Gaelic Dictionaries and 'Teach Yourself' guides
- Gaelic Authors
Bestselling Gaelic Books
- An Gruffalo
- Air Do Bhonnagan A Ghaoil
- Gnothach Annasach An Dr Jekyll Is Mhgr Hyde
- Tocasaid 'Ain Tuirc
- An Claigeann aig Damien Hirst
Sales to 31/12/2011