History & Archaeology
There were 3 items found.
- Add to Basket"Glenlee": The Life And Times Of A Clyde Built Cape Horner
- Paperback - Brown, Son & Ferguson
In the ten year period beginning in 1882, 271 barques & full riggers were built on the Clyde during which time the yards of Russell, Stephen, Connell, Lithgow & Rodger established a world-wide reputation for the construction of large sailing ships. The three-masted barque 'Glenlee' was one such vessel. This is her story.
- Add to Basket"So Strange A Monster As A Jesuiste": The Society Of Jesus In Sixteenth-Century Scotland
- Hardback - House of Lochar
During the turbulent reigns of Mary Queen of Scots and James VI, the Jesuists played a significant role in preserving Catholicism in the land of John Knox. This book examines the political and religious aims of the Society of Jesus during that period.
- Add to BasketThe Quest For Arthur
- Hardback - Luath
Having left no stone unturned in his search for the truth, the author provides an exploration of King Arthur's contribution to Scottish history. The author may indeed have proved that Arthur was a Scot.
Related BIC Categories
- British & Irish History
- British & Irish History: BCE To C 500 CE
- British & Irish History: C 1000 To C 1500
- British & Irish History: C 1500 To C 1700
- British & Irish History: C 1700 To C 1900
- British & Irish History: C 500 To C 1000
- British & Irish History: First World War
- British & Irish History: From C 1900 -
- British & Irish History: Postwar, From C 1945 -
- British & Irish History: Second World War
- Flags & Insignia
- History Of Ideas, Intellectual History
- History Of Specific Racial & Ethnic Groups
- History Of Specific Subjects
- History: Theory & Methods
- Local History
- Maritime History
- Oral History
- Rank & Titles
- Roman Britain
- Social History