History & Archaeology
There were 3 items found.
- Add to BasketThe Yellow On The Broom: The Early Days Of A Traveller Woman
- Paperback - Birlinn
Betsy Whyte was born into a family of travellers who roamed the Scottish countryside between the wars. This vivid description of a childhood on the road amidst a misunderstood people is a rich evocation of a vanishing world.
- Add to BasketA Year In The Life Of Glencoe
- Paperback - Frances Lincoln
Glencoe is shaped by ancient volcanoes and Ice Age glaciers; on the slopes, the red stag stamps his authority across the purple heather, and the golden eagle rules the air; down below are farms and little communities. In this stunning photographic essay, Birkett captures the heartbeat of the Highlands of Scotland.
- Add to BasketYorkshire's Last Days Of Colliery Steam
- Paperback - Stenlake
This book remembers Yorkshire mining in its heyday before strikes and eventual destruction, and recalls an aspect of the industry that is all but forgotten today. Featuring fifty-nine photographs, a full history of steam in the county's mining industry and technical information.
Related BIC Categories
- British & Irish History
- British & Irish History: BCE To C 500 CE
- British & Irish History: C 1000 To C 1500
- British & Irish History: C 1500 To C 1700
- British & Irish History: C 1700 To C 1900
- British & Irish History: C 500 To C 1000
- British & Irish History: First World War
- British & Irish History: From C 1900 -
- British & Irish History: Postwar, From C 1945 -
- British & Irish History: Second World War
- Flags & Insignia
- History Of Ideas, Intellectual History
- History Of Specific Racial & Ethnic Groups
- History Of Specific Subjects
- History: Theory & Methods
- Local History
- Maritime History
- Oral History
- Rank & Titles
- Roman Britain
- Social History