Literary History & Criticism
There were 10 items found.
- Add to BasketFriendship's Shadows: Woman's Friendship And The Politics Of Betrayal In England, 1640-1705
- Hardback - Edinburgh University Press
Penelope Anderson's study changes our understanding both of the masculine Renaissance friendship tradition and the private forms of women's friendship of the 18th century and after. It uncovers the latent threat of betrayal lurking within politicized classical and humanist friendship, showing its surprising resilience as a model for political obligation undone and remade.
- Add to BasketThe Flight Of The Turtle: New Writing Scotland 29
- Paperback - ASLS
'New Writing Scotland' is the principal forum for poetry and short fiction in Scotland today. Every year it publishes the very best from both emerging and estblished writers, and lists many of the leading literary lights of Scotland among its past and present contributors.
- Add to BasketThe Flower Princess
- Paperback - Picture Corgi
Grandpa is feeling very down in the dumps because he is sure that everyone has forgotten his birthday - even Poppy! But what he doesn't know is that everyone's favourite princess, Princess Poppy, has a surprise in store for him. Will everything go to plan - and will Poppy manage to cheer Grandpa up?
- Add to BasketFickle Man: Robert Burns In The 21st Century
- Hardback - Sandstone
21st-century Burns scholarship is making some unexpected and exciting discoveries about the poet and his work. 'Fickle Man' is a new volume of essays by top international writers and scholars published to mark the 250th anniversary of the poet's birth, bringing fresh and vigorous insights into the significance of Burns.
- Add to BasketFor The Islands I Sing: An Autobiography
- Paperback - Polygon
George Mackay died in 1996. He wrote this memoir in the years before his death, but did not want it published while he was still alive. Here his simple, bardic honesty is turned upon himself.
- Add to BasketFringe Of Gold: The Fife Anthology
- Paperback - Birlinn
This is an anthology of writing about Fife, a part of Scotland with an immensely rich tradition of history and literature. It gathers together all of the great characters of Scottish history who have acted out their dramas within the famous Kingdom of Fife.
- Add to BasketFull Volume
- Paperback - Cape Poetry
Holding in balance the ecological and the technological, ancient and modern, 'Full Volume' sings languages and cultures, people and habitats burgeoning on the brink of extinction. From revved-up battle-cry to nervous whisper, these lyrical poems praise intricate abundance.
- Add to BasketFiction Against History: Scott As Storyteller
- Paperback - Cambridge University Press
- Add to BasketFrom Trocchi To Trainspotting: Scottish Critical Theory Since 1960
- Paperback - Edinburgh University Press
'From Trocchi to Trainspotting' charts the course of Scottish critical theory since the 1960s.
- Add to BasketA Flame In The Mearns: Lewis Grassic Gibbon, A Centenary Celebration
- Paperback - ASLS
This collection of essays celebrates the achievements of Lewis Grassic Gibbon in his own time, as well as emphasising his continuing relevance. It contains discussions of Gibbons' fiction, essays and poetry, together with analyses of his language and politics.
Ordering and View
Related BIC Categories
- Children's Literature Studies: General
- Collections & Anthologies Of Various Literary Forms
- Literary Studies: 16th To 18th Centuries
- Literary Studies: 19th Century
- Literary Studies: Classical, Early & Medieval
- Literary Studies: From C 1900 -
- Literary Studies: General
- Literary Theory
- Literature: History & Criticism
- Novels, Other Prose & Writers
- Novels, Other Prose & Writers: 16th To 18th Centuries
- Novels, Other Prose & Writers: 19th Century
- Novels, Other Prose & Writers: From C 1900 -
- Plays & Playwrights: 16th To 18th Centuries
- Plays & Playwrights: 19th Century
- Plays & Playwrights: Classical, Early & Medieval
- Plays & Playwrights: From C 1900 -
- Poetry & Poets
- Poetry & Poets: 16th To 18th Centuries
- Poetry & Poets: 19th Century
- Poetry & Poets: Classical, Early & Medieval
- Poetry & Poets: From C 1900 -
- Shakespeare Studies & Criticism