There were 449 items found.
Showing page 38 from 45
Showing page 38 from 45
- Add to BasketTrue Confessions And New Clichés
- Paperback - Polygon
In this book, Liz Lochhead has brought together a selection of the best of her raps, songs, sketches and monologues from her plays and revues.
- Add to BasketSelected Poems
- Paperback - FyfieldBooks
Sir Walter Scott is the great poet of the Scottish people, yet he wrote at a time when Scottish culture and landscapes were changing rapidly under English pressure. Introducing this selection, James Reed sets Scott in context as both a European Romantic and a Scottish folk poet.
- Add to BasketFire Stations
- Paperback - Anvil Press Poetry
This first collection of poetry by AB Jackson was awarded the Forward Prize for best first collection in 2003.
- Add to BasketThe Tip Of My Tongue
- Paperback - Jonathan Cape
This new collection of Crawford's poetry is a celebration of the world he lives in. These are poems that are convincingly earthed in the land and the language and yet unafraid of spiritual, even religious notes, and shot through with a humour and vitality that is engaging.
- Add to BasketThe Shorter Poems Of Gavin Douglas
- Hardback - Scottish Text Society
This edition of the poetry of Gavin Douglas contains 'Palice of Honour', the major dream-vision poem he composed a decade before his 'Eneados' translation. It also contains editions of two poems associated with Douglas, although unlikely to be his, 'Conscience' and 'King Hart'.
- Add to BasketNew Poems
- Paperback - Brown, Son & Ferguson
W.D. Cocker's 'New Poems' follows the line of its companion volumes, 'Poems: Scots and English' and 'Further Poems'. As an exponent of Scots humour, he is again at his best and raciest. The same quaint philosophy and fun come forth in a torrent, mingling at times with a pure stream of lyrical beauty.
- Add to BasketBeowulf
- Paperback - Carcanet
This translation of Beowulf was made in the last years of the 1940s and was published in hardback by the Hand and Flower Press in 1952. In the present Carcanet edition, poem and introduction have been kept the same.
- Add to BasketCathures: New Poems 1997-2001
- Paperback - Carcanet/Mariscat
Edwin Morgan was appointed Poet Laureate of Glasgow in 1999, and many of these poems reflect the life of the city both now and in the past. But equally the poetry moves to other places and other worlds. A sequence of poems about a demon allows the mind to expatiate on a wide range of subjects.
- Add to BasketCaran An T-Saoghail: Anthology Of 19th Century Scottish Gaelic Verse
- Paperback - Birlinn
This anthology of Gaelic verse and song includes translations of all the poems together with notes on sources and themes. It offers a fresh look at literary creativity in the 19th century.
- Add to BasketThe Poetry Of Iain Crichton Smith
- Paperback - Association for Scottish Literary Studies
The 'Scotnotes' series is a collection of study guides on major Scottish writers and literary texts. This volume looks at the poetry of Iain Crichton Smith.
Related BIC Categories
- Poetry Anthologies: 16th To 18th Centuries
- Poetry Anthologies: 19th Century
- Poetry Anthologies: Classical, Early & Medieval
- Poetry Anthologies: From C 1900 -
- Poetry Texts & Anthologies
- Works By Individual Poets: 16th To 18th Centuries
- Works By Individual Poets: 19th Century
- Works By Individual Poets: Classical, Early & Medieval
- Works By Individual Poets: From C 1900 -