Industry & Industrial Studies
There were 8 items found.
- Add to BasketBerry Treasured Memories
- Paperback - Blairgowrie, Rattray and District Local History Trust
'Berry Treasured Memories' charts 100 years of raspberry growing in Blairgowrie, Scotland from the start of the local industry in 1885 through to 1985. The book was written by Blairgowrie fruit grower Jim Niven during his retirement and completed by his daughter Irene Geoghegan following Jim's death in 2008. This is a personal account of the Niven family's involvement with the berry-growing business and contains a wealth of detail and photographs combining Jim's own experiences with scientific and technical changes in the industry. The book will help many recall their own memories of 'the berries' and give a great insight to anyone interested in the history and development of berry growing in Scotland.
- Add to BasketBye, Bye B&B: More From Behind The Scenes At A Highland B&B
- Paperback - Luath
More laugh-out-loud tales from the pen of Joan Campbell, mixed with some sound advice about running, or staying in, a successful B&B.
- Add to BasketThe BBC In Scotland: The First 50 Years
- Hardback - Luath
David Pat Walker offers an in-depth analysis of the history of BBC Scotland from its creation in 1923 through to its 50th anniversary in the 1970s. Examining how the firm developed over the course of the 20th century, he portrays how the broadcaster developed its own Scottish identity despite governance from London.
- Add to BasketThe Buttercup: The Remarkable Story Of Andrew Ewing And The Buttercup Dairy Company
- Paperback - Leghorn
Close to being lost to history, the remarkable story of Andrew Ewing and his Buttercup Dairy Company is recounted by Bill Scott, who was born and riased on the company's farm in Edinburgh.
- Add to BasketBad Whisky: The Scandal That Created The World's Most Successful Spirit
- Paperback - Angels' Share
This is a unique insight into the Victorian scandal which raged at the end of the 19th century surrounding the adulteration of whisky in public houses throughout the UK.
- Paperback - Amberley
Never has there been a pit disaster to compare in terms of human courage and error with that which overwhelmed Knockshinnoch Castle Colliery in New Cumnock, Ayrshire, in September 1950. This book details the truth about the disaster, told from the perspective of the men and women who experienced it first hand.
- Paperback - Luath
Shipbuilding was once the lifeblood of the Scottish economy. 'Bunnets 'n' Bowlers' takes you behind the scenes to show the drinking, swearing and survival of the artisans who built the world's greatest ships.
- Add to BasketBEAline To The Islands: The Story Of Air Services To Offshore Communities Of The British Isles By British European Airways, Its Predecessors And Successors
- Paperback - Kea
Written as an historical narrative, BEAline to the Islands concerns the provision of air services to the Channel Islands, Scilly Isles, Isle of Man, the Hebrides, the Orkneys and the Shetlands by British European Airways and other providers.
Ordering and View
Related BIC Categories
- Aerospace & Air Transport Industries
- Agriculture & Related Industries
- Alternative & Renewable Energy Industries
- Armaments Industries
- Chemical Industries
- Cinema Industry
- Civil Service & Public Sector
- Coal & Solid Fuel Industries
- Construction & Heavy Industry
- Construction Industry
- Distributive Industries: Retail
- Electrical Power Industries
- Fashion & Beauty Industries
- Financial Services Industry
- Fisheries & Related Industries
- Food Manufacturing & Related Industries
- Hospitality Industry
- Hotel & Catering Trades
- Industrial Arbitration & Negotiation
- Industrial Relations
- Industrial Relations & Safety
- Industry & Industrial Studies
- Iron, Steel & Metals Industries
- Manufacturing Industries
- Maritime / Nautical Trades
- Media, Information & Communication Industries
- Mining Industry
- Music Industry
- Occupational / Industrial Health & Safety
- Petroleum & Oil Industries
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- Press & Journalism
- Printing, Packaging & Reprographic Industry
- Publishing Industry
- Radio & Television Industry
- Railway Transport Industries
- Road Transport Industries
- Road Vehicle Manufacturing Industry
- Security Services
- Service Industries
- Shipbuilding Industry
- Shipping Industries
- Sport & Leisure Industries
- Tourism Industry
- Trade Unions
- Transport Industries
- Water Industries