Religious Studies & Theory
There were 10 items found.
- Hardback - T & T Clark
In this book, Susan Bubbers focusses on the biblical message of the benefits of participation in the Eucharist. Why keep this feast? Why is Eucharist important? Bubbers ultimately argues that the feast is a divinely designed paradigm for worship, which is accompanied by a promise of transformational encounters.
- Add to BasketSoul Soothers Meditation CD: Mini Meditations For Busy Lives
- Book with sound disc - Findhorn
'Soul Soothers Meditation CD' is designed for those of us that only slow down when stuck in the grocery line! It is a great companion for 'Soul Soothers', the book. If you are the person who finds listening to guided meditations easier than reading them, you will find everything you need in 'Soul Soothers Meditation CD' to enjoy the benefits of meditation without sitting like a pretzel on a special cushion while choking on incense.
- Add to BasketSpiritual Hunger: Integrating Myth And Ritual Into Daily Life
- Paperback - Findhorn
From daily activities such as working and eating to milestones such as graduation and marriage, this title discusses the myths that guide lifestyles and questions why they exist in the first place.
- Add to BasketThe Sixfold Path: Six Simple Exercises For Spiritual Development
- Paperback - Floris
Spiritual development is a daunting phrase, but spirituality can be an everyday aspect our lives, helping us in difficult moments. Using this down-to-earth approach, the author presents six exercises which will help us take charge of our life in day-to-day situations, as well as in our relationships.
- Add to BasketScottish Philosophical Theology
- Paperback - Imprint Academic
This volume concentrates on the period from the beginning of the 18th century to the latter part of the 20th.
- Add to BasketGordon Smith's Most Haunted Stories, People And Places
- Paperback - Hay House
Relating fascinating stories of the paranormal, Gordon Smith explains how he uses his mediumship to communicate and heal hauntings. He travels into churches and theatres around the world, where he connects the bereaved with the other side.
- Add to BasketScottish Witchcraft & Magick: The Craft Of The Picts
- Paperback - Llewellyn
From the ancient misty Highlands of Scotland to modern-day America come the secrets of solitary witchcraft practice. The author introduces PectiWita, or the craft of the Picts, and explores the magic, sacred tools, herbal lore, song and dance, and recipes of the Scottish PectiWita tradition.
- Add to BasketSpirit Healing
- Paperback - Floris
Through the work of renowned healers such as Harry Edwards, spiritual healing has become recognised as a recourse to which many turn for help for a wide variety of physical ailments. In this work, Woodward examines the nature of different forms of healing and the role of the healer.
- Add to BasketThe Scottish Witch-Hunt In Context
- Paperback - Manchester University Press
Covering the whole period of the Scottish witch-hunt, from the mid-16th century to the early 18th, this book is a collection of essays on Scottish witchcraft and witch-hunting. It provides a comparative dimension of witch-hunting beyond Scotland.
- Add to BasketScottish Witches And Wizards
- Paperback - Goblinshead
These are the true stories of women and men accused of witchcraft in Scotland. This book describes their reputed powers and spells, how this supposed power was used, and what happened to those accused of witchcraft.
Ordering and View
Related BIC Categories
- Blasphemy, Heresy, Apostasy
- Christian Prayer
- Comparative Religion
- Contemporary Non-Christian Cults & Sects
- Criticism & Exegesis Of Non-Christian Sacred Texts
- Doctrinal Theology
- Eclectic Religions & Belief Systems
- History Of Religion
- Holy War
- Humanist & Secular Alternatives To Religion
- Interfaith Relations
- Islamic Studies
- Kabbalah & Hermetic Thought
- Magic & Alchemy
- Moral Theology
- Nature & Existence Of God
- Non-Christian Sacred Texts
- Occultism & Quasi-Religious Beliefs
- Personal Religious Testimony (non-Christian)
- Philosophy Of Religion
- Quakers (Religious Society Of Friends)
- Religion & Beliefs
- Religion: General
- Religious & Spiritual Leaders
- Religious Conflict
- Religious Festivals
- Religious Groups
- Religious Life & Practice
- Religious Mission & Evangelism
- Religious Social & Pastoral Thought & Activity
- Religious Subjects Depicted In Art
- Satanism & Demonology
- Spirit Communication & Mediumship, Spiritualism
- Theosophy & Anthroposophy