Doric Scots Books
- Buchan Claik: The Saat And The Glaar O't - - Paperback
Although Buchan Claik is presented alphabetically, it is more than a dictionary. It is a hoard of words, sayings, proverbs, rhymes and reminiscences from the North-East of Scotland.
- Dash O Doric - One For The Road - - Paperback
In this book, the third in the perennially popular Dash o Doric series, Robbie Shepherd and Norman Harper continue their fascinating tour of the wit and wisdom of the North-East, showing that the wells of humour in this part of Scotland are far from dry.
- Doric For Swots: A Course For Advanced Students - - Paperback
This sequel to Teach yourself Doric provides a course in the dialect for the more advanced student. The extracts used are drawn from North-east literature, covering several regional areas and many different periods of time.
- Fit Like Yer Majesty?: A Book Of Doric Poems - Paperback
'Fit Like Yer Majesty?' is a joyful celebration of the culture and linguistic heritage of North East Scotland that will bring pleasure to readers of all ages.
- Lang May Yer Lum Reek: A Collection Of Doric Proverbs, Sayings And Rhymes - Paperback
“Thousands” (well, over 1,250!) of proverbs, sayings and rhymes from the North-east of Scotland, encapsulating much of the culture, language and humour of the area.
- Magic Mo-Ments - - Paperback
'Magic Moments' is a selection of some of the best of journalist Moreen Simpson's columns from the 'Evening Express' newspaper in Aberdeen. For more than a decade, Moreen's Friday night 'ramblings', as she calls them - peppered with her native Doric dialect - have been delighting readers.
- Robbie Shepherd's Doric Columns - - Paperback
A collection of over 50 of Robbie's 'Press and Journal' columns, this book showcases Robbie's wry observation and humour expressed in the Doric tongue.